Monday, August 18, 2014

Health Update

In recent days, I have had several people inquire about my health.  So, I thought I would update here for anyone interested (See Mayo Clinic blog for more details about my struggle).  In general, my quality of life is better.   I am able to manage my condition.  I have not had the severe pains that sent me to Mayo.  It still requires supplementation and a restricted diet.

As always, God continues to teach me lessons through life experiences. This one is no different.  He revealed the problems, showed me the solutions, and now it is up to me to implement them.  This is my current struggle.  I am often rebellious against the diet.  So, most of the time when I feel bad, I have myself to blame.  Sometimes I gladly accept the consequences with no remorse...I mean double chocolate fudge ice cream, come on!  Other times, I am ridden with guilt and shame (as well as pain and bloating), knowing I am hurting myself and loving food more.  And for those moments, I am thankful for God's grace.  Grace to endure and start again.  But should I go on indulging so that grace may abound?  By no means!  And so, it is still my prayer that God will give me the strength to abstain and enjoy even better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment