Friday, August 30, 2013

Wilson

Wilson.  That name may bring to mind different things depending on your age, like Denise The Menaces poor neighbor or the volleyball from Castaway or even someone you know.  When I think of Wilson, I think of an adorable, redheaded, one year old who melts my heart with one look.  A child who reminds me what simple devotion is.

He doesn't speak using words yet, but he doesn't have to, his eyes say it all.  He sits contentedly in your arms, trusting, looking into your face with adoration, as if you are his hero.  Wilson has reminded me of the adoration God desires from me.  A pure, simple desire to be content in His presence, looking to Him to be my hero, my Savior.

LORD, teach me to bask in your presence, content, trusting and adoring you!  May I lift my eyes to you and look upon your face with wonder and joy, not because of what you can do for me, but simply because you are you and you hold me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment