Saturday, December 14, 2013

What Is The Soundtrack To Your Life?

Have you ever muted the sound on a movie?  My husband does this for me if the movie is getting too scary, because once the music is muted, it is not nearly so scary.  The power of music is amazing!  Driving in the car the other night, I was singing along to a CD and feeling so inspired by the songs.  Whenever I listen to music like this, a feeling rises up in me, as if I can conquer the world!  But alas, the music ends and life returns to its humdrum pace.  I realized I need a soundtrack for my life!  If only the music could continue to play as I went about my days...think of what I could accomplish! 

But here is the thing...as much as people do try to do this (with their ear buds in all the time), it just isn't workable.  We won't all want or need the same song and going around listening to our own ear buds all the time seriously limits our interaction with one another.  And the point of being inspired is to help others.  So what are we to do?

Well, the Holy Spirit was quick to help me realize that we already have a soundtrack, of sorts, going all the time.  It is called our thoughts.  We live according to the negative or positive track of thoughts that continually play in our minds.  And there is hope, because this soundtrack can be rerecorded!  Yes, we can choose what we think on and we are commanded to think on that which is good (2 Cor. 10:5, Phil. 4:8).  As we meditate on God's Word, our "soundtrack" will inspire us and we will become more than conquerors through Christ! (Romans 8:37)

Praise be to God, who has thought of everything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment