Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Power of A Song

With the rise and fall of the notes, music has the power to lift or lower our emotions.  Song speaks to us and, at times, for us.  Behind every song there is a story.  The song writer shares his story in the writing, while we the listeners hear our own story in the telling.  And a connection is formed between the writer and the listener.  A bond that says we are not alone.  There is someone who knows, who understands.

We yearn for story and song and find beauty in them, because God has created us in his image and he is the author of the ultimate story.  Since the beginning of time God has been writing His story and inviting us to see our own story within His.  To find a connection with Him and know that we are not alone. 

If we will have ears to hear, we can hear Heavens melody and our joy is made full.  He will put a new song in our heart, a song to share with others.  I know he has done it for me.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the Lord.
Psalm 40:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment