Wednesday, March 11, 2015

JTH - Week 2

Two weeks in and I am starting to see the benefits.  My husband has noticed it in the silence.  He no longer hears the constant rumble day and night.  It's not over yet, but I just may be onto something.

I have decided to go ahead and take some meds to kick those buggers out quicker and get on with the healing.  Praying that goes well.

My hope is still that after healing, I will be able to get many of the foods back.  However, this past week I have grown more comfortable with life as it is and that if need be, I can live like this.  The desire for these foods is still there, but instead of looking at it as foods that have been taken away, I am looking at it as choosing foods that will bring healing.  I can have what I want and be miserable or have what I need and feel good.  It is a choice and a battle of the mind.

I am such a visual learner that God, in His mercy, gives me these earthly examples to teach me His heavenly principles.  For I am seeing such a connection to my spiritual life in all of this; the battle in my mind over what I want, versus what I need; the daily need to depend on the LORD to overcome my sinful nature and temptation; the realization that my character means more to God than my earthly healing or comfort (Romans 5:1-5); that the fruit I am to bear is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control and these are not dependent on my doing or being physically well. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Might God still give me a miracle healing?  Maybe, but if it comes, it will be because of God's wisdom and not my manipulation.  I have spent years thinking that if I learned enough lessons, God would heal my womb, like He was just waiting for me to "get it" and then would grant my request.  I realize now that God doesn't work that way and am even thankful that I don't always get what I bargain for.  I am learning to be content and trust in His wisdom, with eternity in view; to be clay in the potters hand and accept the vessel he has made me to be.  And if that means I am to be like Paul, with a thorn in my flesh all my days, then I will be in good company and endure by the grace of God and the strength of Christ in me. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Philippians 4:12-13 )

My hope...

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things...12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:7-8,12, 18-21.

No comments:

Post a Comment