Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hackathon

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
 
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.  But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.  If they were all one part, where would the body be?  As it is, there are many parts, but one body. (1 Corinthians 12:4-6, 18-20)
 
These scriptures were brought to life for me this weekend.  I spent the weekend at a Code For The Kingdom, Hackathon.  Hacking for Jesus?  Yes!  I was witness to a group of smart, tech savvy, Jesus loving people doing what they do for the glory of God. 
 
My involvement with Wycliffe Associates has shown me that we don't have to be a missionary or linguist to help in Bible translation.  God can use us just the way He has crafted us.  Together we can make God's Word available to everyone! 
My personality, my abilities, my interests, my spiritual gifts and even my disabilities can all be used to accomplish the purposes of God, if I will let the Holy Spirit lead.  What about you?  What do you have to offer?  More than you think, I am sure.  Check out wycliffeassociates.org or talk to a friend.  Sometimes others can recognize gifts in you, that you can't. 
Whatever you do, do it for His glory!  And in so doing, you'll find your sweet spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment