Saturday, July 18, 2015

JTH - Falling Off The Wagon


Well, let me just start with this disclaimer...trying to stick to this diet while moving and building a house is not for the faint of heart!

During the past month, I have been faint of heart.  Between not having time to prepare properly and being stressed to the max (at times I thought my head would explode and desperately needed chocolate!), I have fallen off the AIP wagon.  And I can feel it. :(

I have only had one full blown attack, when I went totally crazy for a couple days and ate all things off limits.  It took a week to recover.  UGH!  Most of the time I still eat mostly AIP and FODMAP, with only a few indiscretions, and can keep my symptoms at a tolerable level. 

It is frustrating to think of how I have slid backwards in this, but now I know my limits. And my need for this diet is confirmed.  There is a sense of control over my health, even though so much of it is still a mystery.  No cure in sight, but still hope.

I have also been reminded how hurtful to our physical well being stress is, and why I have ordered my life in such a way, as to avoid as much of it as possible!  Knowing this is all temporary has helped. 

I have to keep refocusing my eyes on eternity and remember what really matters. 

His mercies are new every morning and I will start again.

2 comments:

  1. That is the thing about the "wagon"..yes we all fall off, but it is still there to jump back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And Praise God for the Grace to do just that! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      Delete