Saturday, November 5, 2016

Will My kitten Go To Heaven?

Will my kitten go to heaven?  I don't know.  What I do know is...heaven came down through my kitten.  What?!

Let me back up a bit and explain what I mean.  My husband, Michael, and I are not pet people.  He is allergic, I am a cleany, and it isn't practical, for as much traveling as we like to do.  However, around September 12, 2016 a tiny, lost, black and white kitten showed up on our doorstep.  She was so sweet and hungry.  So, we fed her, tamed her, and built her a house.  We were instantly smitten and decided to keep her (outside of course). 

Upon taking her to the vet, we learned a kitten matching her description had been lost from there.  How she traveled from town out to our house in the country was a mystery.  My heart sank thinking I would have to return her.  The owner, however, was happy to find her a new home.

On Spetember 17th, our world was rocked with the sudden death of Michael's mother; my mother-in-love.  To be honest, I am still trying to adjust to this new reality.  She is with Jesus, so we rejoice for her, but grieve the fellowship we have lost for now.

During that first week, our mystery kitten was a great comfort.  We even started letting her come in and sleep on a special blanket in the evenings.
It was one of those evenings, while she was sprawled out on my lap, that I noticed the shape of the white marking on her chest...a heart



I believe God is in the details and cares greatly for us.  I believe He sent this kitten.  The love of the Trinity, sent down from heaven, in the form a kitten bearing the mark of love, to comfort us in our time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment