Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Reason She Cried

What was it about getting a doll house, that made a 43 year old woman cry?  Was it because she had always dreamed of one?  Was it because it was the exact replica of her "real" house?  Yes...and no. 

The doll house




I am that 43 year old woman, and yes I cried when my father-in-law, Tooger,  presented me this doll house. 



If you read my former post, you know that my mother-in-law recently passed away.  During a family dinner, the night before her service, we were looking through the family albums.  I came across a photo of my husband, as a young boy, playing with a large doll house.  I learned that Tooger had built it.  I said how jealous I was, because I had always wanted a doll house like that.  Someone may have made a comment about building one like our current house, but it was quickly dropped and I didn't think anymore about it.  Until it showed up in my loft!

I was touched so deeply because I felt seen and heard.  He heard my heart and put in the effort to build it for me.

It wasn't just about a doll house, but the need we all have; a deep longing to be known and loved; worthy of someone's effort.  While my Father-"in-love" showed me a tangible example of this, it is God who ultimately satisfies our deepest longing.

God is the one who knows us completely:
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all. 13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:1-4, 13


God is the one who loves us perfectly :
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are.  1 John 3:1

God is the one who decided we were worth the effort:
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8  16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment