Monday, February 27, 2017

The Empty Jar



My friend Penny posted this on her Facebook page.  I liked the idea, so I found an empty jar.  Then I cut colored paper into slips on which to write the good things, because who doesn't want a little color in life?   I put a little twist on it though. 



I am recording the ways God is evident in my life; the good that He brings me.  We sometimes wonder if He is there, especially in the hard times.  So, I want to record reminders of all the ways He shows up.  He can be seen in the simple and the complex; the small and the big things of life.

A few of the things I have included are:  Finding a parakeet nest at the beach (it was really cool!), sending a note to a friend and having her reply that it was perfect timing and content, an opportunity to use my gifts in women's ministry and reading the right Bible study lesson on the right day.

The last one needs more explanation.  It was January 9th.  It would have been my mother-in-love's 70th birthday.  I was missing her and on the edge with my emotions.  When I opened the lesson for that day, the selected scripture was 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14, "13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus."  God knew I would need some encouragement that day.  HOPE!

There is more; the story does not end here.  But that will have to wait for another day, another post.  My question to you is:

  What's in your jar?




No comments:

Post a Comment