Sunday, January 1, 2017

Journey to Healing - The Next Chapter


2016 found me once again asking for a doctors help.  This time at the Cleveland Clinic.  Due to my husbands surgery, earlier in the year, our deductible was met.  So, it seemed a good time for a colonoscopy.  Okay, is there ever a good time for a colonoscopy?  Not really.  I did, however, want to find out if there was a physical reason for the pain in my lower right abdomen.  And, as no local doctor would do it, to Cleveland I went.

I had three different tests run.  They all came back normal.  Great!  Wait a minute...what about the redundant colon and colonic inertia Mayo diagnosed me with?  According to Dr. Shen there was no sign of them.  Halleluiah!  The first of October I was prayed over during a healing service and God healed me!  That is good news.

The not so good news, depending how you look at it, is that my bacterial overgrowth is still a problem.  So, God left me a thorn in the flesh (2 Corinthians 12:7).  I am okay with that.  He, indeed, will give me the grace I need to manage.  There is a diet that works and I will be healthier because of it. 

So, I enter 2017 with a goal to do the hard work necessary for my health.  A new chapter of living well, maybe not perfectly but intentionally.  I pray that this year will find you living well too.  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment