Monday, February 11, 2013

All Things Hearts

 
 
Valentine's Day is approaching and I no longer dread its coming.  I used to detest it and anything heart shaped, especially heart shaped jewelry.  Really anything that reminded me of my lack of human love.

So, what has changed?  My understanding of the greatest love ever.  A love that does not shift with the prevailing winds, but is steadfast and firm. 

Who is this love of my life?  God, my Father, Jesus, my beloved, and the Holy Spirit, my counselor and comforter.  As I have come to understand the depth of God's love for me, I am humbled and elated.  It seems so paradoxical at times, but it is truth.  And in His love I have found freedom.  Freedom to enjoy heart shaped things, others romantic joy, and my own.

And so, to all who read this, I pray that you may grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:18-19).  Because in Christ, nothing can separate us from this love of God (Romans 8:37-39).  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment