Monday, February 23, 2015

What Makes A Life Beautiful?

What makes a life beautiful?  Breath.

God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness...So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.  Genesis 1:26-27
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.  Genesis 2:7

Every life has value and worth because we are made in the image of God and it was His breath that brought forth life. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

The beauty of our lives are not based on the size of our clothes, bank account or house.  The beauty of our lives are not determined by whether our dreams come true and we end up with a dream job, husband, 2.5 kids, new automobile or get to travel the world.  Neither is the beauty of our life less if our health fails or we die young.

Jesus came to:

 bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3

I delight greatly in the Lord;
    my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
    and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the soil makes the sprout come up
    and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness
    and praise spring up before all nations. Isaiah 61:10-11


Look around at creation, even after the fall, it is beautiful! You are beautiful!  I am beautiful!  Life is beautiful, because God has breathed it.  And in Christ we have a hope and a future, peace and joy...no matter our circumstance.

Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment