Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Beauty Beckons

 
I am not what most people would call a crafty or creative person. 
I like black and white, such as 2+2=4.
But the closer I draw to God, the more I am drawn to creative expressions,
such as art, music and poetry (though I still don't understand most of it).
Nature beckons me from my comfy, bug free, climate controlled environment,
to explore its wonders and beauty.
I see people in a new light and appreciate their differences.
Why?
Could it be that these stir within my soul a longing for something;
a longing for goodness and love; a longing for that for which I was created?
We were created for glory, in the image of the One who is love.
He is both logic and beauty.
He is our creator and our hero.
"For He rescued us from the dominion of darkness,
and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on the earth,
visible and invisible,
whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities -
all things have been created through Him and for Him."
Colossians 1:13-16 NASB
 


No comments:

Post a Comment