Monday, October 6, 2014

Feeling Like A Stray

Today as I was walking along the beach, I came a cross a man walking his dog.  No surprise there, as many people walk their dogs at the beach, but this dog was different.  I had never seen one quite like it.  I just had to stop and find out what kind of dog it was.  When I asked the man, he laughed and said it was a Puerta Rican beach dog.  Huh?  Turns out it was a stray he found on the beach in Puerta Rico and adopted.  I commented on how beautiful she was and he said he had nothing to do with that, she was just a lucky stray.

As I continued on I couldn't get "lucky stray" out of my mind.  I realized I am just like that dog!  Yes, I am one "lucky stray".  No I have not had one too many dog biscuits.  What came to my mind is that I strayed from God's commands.  I had fallen short and turned my own way.  So, in a sense I was a stray.  But I too have been adopted!  God sent His Son to make the way for me to be forgiven and accepted by grace through faith.  Now I am the lucky one!

Though luck has nothing to do with it.  God ordained it from the foundation of the world.  He has always known.  So, I guess instead you could say I am one "blessed stray"!

No comments:

Post a Comment